Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Weekend Update

So I am a little blah today.... This week and weekend has been awsome-ish. So I know its been a few days since I have blogged. Last week we did quite a lot, On Thursday we went to an indoor play area called Super Franks in Pleasanton where we met one of my Mom's grouops, and then I headed to Walnut Creek to grab some craigslist items (The Chair and the House, for 12$ and 30$ regularly priced 41$ and 76$) and to JC Pennys to get some Spring potraits done on a dime.

Then on Friday we met another one of my Mom's groups at a place called Fairyland in Oakland, it is right on lake Merritt and I have wondered about it for such a long time. We got to get in free if we listened to a 15 minute talk about saving money for our kids college so it was very cool. Well Fairyland was pretty awsome. But I think it is really for kids a little older, at least 2 but even more fun for a 3 year old. We did ride the Trolley/Train so that was fun and Holly was late on her nap so she was content for a little while to ride around in her stroller and I got to chat and hang out with the other moms.

Then we went swimming and when Joel got home he started his contest. The theme was Moving Wall of Dome.. and he wrote a game where you play a glacier and you are trying to help rescue the Wolly mammoths from going extinct, but of course he did it in 3D and over complicated it, so it wasn;t quite done by 8:00 PM Sunday night, you could play it sorta, and it was pretty fun.

So in order to give him so focused time on Saturday we went to Habitot for there "Birthday" and it was free which was cool, and there was a jazz band and cake and Holly played in the water room and made quite a mess of herself, and she didn;t want to take a nap on Saturday either so she was awake from around 8:45 till 4:30 and then we both got home and slept until 8:00 which of course messed up her entire sleeping schedule, and she was up till 11:00.

On Sunday we went to see an afternoon movie at the Ceritto Family day. We saw I Love You Man which was a "Bromance" I thought it was pretty funny and Holly was so very well behaved. She played in my lap, ate some bananas, and pizza and drank some yogurt juice and only once when there was a quiet scene (but not too serious) did she try and babble to the characters which our neighbors just thought was cute and didn't mind.

So then today Joel called in Sick and we headed to UC Davis Mind Institute for another Appointment and Evaluation with Dr. Hagerman's Speech Therapist. It was really fun to have Joel with us and we learned a lot about how to interact with Holly to help further develop her speech and her signing and it was really fun to go on a "road trip" afterwards we stopped to get another craigslist item which was a kids digital art tablet, very cool, but obviously a little old for Holly but such a good price and savings.

Then we headed to tumble and tea for dinner and Joel got to see Holly playing on the slide and climbing and OMG she is walking so much like all the time transfering further and further and chasing items taking several steps sometimes, she just amazes me every time she does it. She will be running before i can count to ten. After they closed we went to the bookstore and then gave Holly a bath, apparently all that walking barefoot and crawling in a spring dress makes for a dirty baby, she had a blast and was tired out from her long day.

BTW the weather.com page says it was 93 degrees in berkeley today. We were in sacramento, but it felt about that hot and at 9:30 when we got home it was 84 degrees in our house. We are on major cool down mode with open windows and fans and such for our playdate.

Anyways... back to the point of why I am blah today.. I had 250 pictures of all of this stuff, well through sunday and it sims the sim card on my camera is somehow corrupted and while I can see the pictures on the camera view they aren't able to be transfered off the card in anyway.

So I know its not the end of the world, but I had been waiting to catch up on all these fun posts after downloading the pictures, which I can't do now. so you get this update without any visual aids... Joel said he would try and recover them, so you might see them eventually. In the mean time I borrowed a sim card from joel's ebook and I will be able to use it tomorrow to take pictures of the playdate.

1 comment:

CarolineThomas said...

I was thinking you must be having a good busy few days to not be blogging. Glad you had a nice week and weekend. Any place called Fairyland on a lake has got my vote it sounds very beautiful. Without pics I can wildly exagerate the prettiness, hehe.

I love how you always know where to go and how to get in free, you're just the most resourceful person I know! Craigslist should give you loyalty points too, hehe.

Joels game sounds like heaps of fun, I love woolly mammoths they're so cute, I'd love to have a go. Jazz band, cake and the water room all sound fun, I bet Holly was soaked that day.

I've been thinking of going to see that I Love You Man film since you only said it was 'kinda funny' I'll wait for the dvd. The actor I forget his name now but the one from Knocked Up not Phoebes husband Mike from Friends is gorgeous that was my only motivation really.

Sounds like you had a nice day, having Joel with you I bet makes a difference. I can imagine tumble and tea pics, Holly sounds like she's really doing well with her walking, she's so smart. You didn't mention what you got at the book store so probably books just for Joel?

I saw on my weather page at Yahoo (set up for Plymouth, Berkeley and Nyc) that's it's hot over there, I was thinking of you. We're also having a bit of a heat wave, 20oC is just not normal for this time of year, we're lucky if we get that at peak summer times.

It's not safe for me to open my windows as I'm on the second floor and the cats are really cocky about sitting out on the ledges. I can't stand it, the thought of them falling to their demise keeps the windows closed and my flat a bit muggy but it could be worse. I love the heat!

Sorry you couldn't upload your blog pics but I thought it was a lovely post. :-) xx