Saturday, April 11, 2009

Mom's Night In - Spa Date


This weekend I went to a Mom's night in. It was a lot of fun. We had a spa night at Georgina's house. It was a bit of a drive away up in the Fremont Hills, there is a picture below of the amazing view from her backyard.

A few mom's came, some I knew from the week before, when I went to the Mom's Night In Baking event, Teresa the mom who is in charge of the group and Janelle. Then two new mom's Dora and Georgina.

It was a spa date and we had Facials and massage's and a few of the other mom's had waxing also. This was my first facial, well I think maybe I had one when I was getting married, but I don't remember, so it was certainly the first one I had in at least 10 years that I can remember.

It was very cool and afterwards my face felt so soft. The massage was also very relaxing. Afterwards Georgina had made Curry Chicken and Salmon. Then we hung around drinking some wine and talking.

Next weekend Joel is going to do the Ludem Dare Game Programming Contest. Its a contest where he has 48 hours to write a game, so all weekend I will be watching Holly so he can focus. In exchange for that, I went out for the Mom's nights. I think it has been working out well.

Once Holly is older and doesn't have separation anxiety we will certainly want to go out together more, but for the time being me going out a few nights a month in trade for Joel having time to work on projects, or go out if he wants will have to work for now.

1 comment:

Mozi Esme said...

Glad you had some time out - that looks relaxing!