Sunday, April 5, 2009

Tumble and Tea

I was going through my pictures from last week and realized that I totally forgot that I went to Tumble and Tea on Wednesday. I never normally go out on a Wednesday afternoon, but at the time I was a little stir crazy, it was feeling like spring, Holly wanted to play and I was hungry. Tumble and Tea, has this promotion where if it is over 65 degrees, (warm enough to be out in the park) and you spend 10$ on food you get free admission, so off I went to have a late lunch and let Holly play.When we arrived there were several babies just about Holly's age between 9 and 16 months, so she had a lot of fun playing. She hung out at the puzzle table with Payton, crawled around with the other babies and hung out with there Mommies and had a blast.She learned a few things that she had never done before. There is a play structure there shaped like a car or jeep. It has bars for the older kids to climb and swing on and platforms for the littler ones to crawl up on. Holly hasn't ever done this before, but today she climbed up to the first platform, and then onto the second. Then just like she was taught she turned and reached her foot down and slipped back to the lower platform. At first I was so worried about her falling back, but she was careful and intentional and climbed around up and down and had so much fun. A few times she would sit really close to the edge and I would watch, but then she would be fine, reaching her legs down and supporting herself.The other thing she did was learn to slide, all on her own. Several times she climbed up the stairs into the little loft, hung out and then eventually came to the slide where she would sit with Momma's help and slide down. She also really liked climbing back up the slide and got almost half way up without any intervention. I could merely put my hand on her little tush for the extra support and she would climb to the top. Hang out a few minutes and then slide back down.Well it seems I am an enabler, and let Holly teach the other babies bad habits, and once they saw her do it several of them also tried to crawl back up the slide, but their moms didn't like that idea and stopped them. I guess I didn't see what was wrong with that, she liked climbing, and I remember when I ws a kid I liked climbing up the slide too.Holly also decided to walk around and explore the entire cafe. With the new layout of the cafe there is now an open area where there are tables and you can get to the front window but be blocked away from the front door. So she hung out by the window looking outside using the bottom of the table tops as support as she walked by.We had a fun afternoon Mommy had a great lunch, and just after 6:00 we left, Holly fell asleep for her afternoon nap, and then we picked up daddy.

3 comments:

ST said...

So cute to see Holly on the slide at T&T!

fragilemom said...

What a fun looking place! Glad you had a good time and could go at the last minute.

CarolineThomas said...

This is sooo funny, my mum taught Sam to climb back up the slide and he just can't do it, falls about and then other kids copy his lazy ways and we get dissaproving other parent looks too. Holly is really smart though. Sam is not as spacially aware, we can't let him slide alone still.