Saturday, April 3, 2010

Monthly Book Club Meeting

So I have been quite the slacker when it comes to my book group.I have tried to attend the meetings, but I did not read the last two books, well, I started and read the first chapter of March's bookThese are the pictures from that meeting, but I didn't really get into the Book. The other mom's liked it, and reminded me it was written maybe 20 years ago.So the parts that seemed obvious to me, which turned me off the book, was not so obvious back then. So I plan on giving it a second chance but haven't gotten around to it yet.So this month I went to like three stores looking for the book and couldn't find it and time just crept up on me, Before I knew it it was time for the meeting and I didn't have the book.Then it turns out that on the day of the meeting, Holly had such a busy morning, that she didn't nap until 2:45 just 15 minutes before the meeting was supposed to start.So we missed it. I felt back, I am sure it would have been a great discussion, and I only get to see these wonderful ladies once a month usually.So today I received the book for the May meeting in the mail, it's called "A Child's Work, The Importance of Fantasy Play" I am really excited about this book and looking forward to reading it.But the new meeting time has changed from 11-1 and is now from 3-5, Holly is almost always sleeping during that time, so it is going to be a challenge to make it, but I will try.This play date was a lot of fun, Holly always enjoys hanging out at Madelyn's house. She has lots of fun toys, many drums and instruments.Here are Madelyn and Kai playing with a Big green ball. Madelyn looks so adorable in her little arm warmers, she picked them out all by herself.This is such a cute little dress on Holly, it reminds me of a 20's style with the dropped waistline, of course I don;t think you would ever see a flapper dress with Daisy'sThis was a great deal from Costco, so I ended up getting three, one bright yellow and another with Stripes, and they all look surprisingly different, although they are the same style dress.I really don;t want to get Holly a stroller like this, especially because she tries to sit in it and stand on it, but she loves it. She spent half the play date pushing it around and around.The house is designed in a circle where you can go from the living room, to the dinning room to the kitchen, through the hall and back to the living room.Sometimes she would stop and put a baby or stuffed animal inside, other times toys, sometimes nothing. But she did several times try to climb into it herself, just like the shopping cart we have at home.This was cute too, a little jumper. We have ours downstairs now, simply no room upstairs for it anymore, but whenever we see one out Holly wants to play inside.Oh and this is Hanna! Orna's daughter. I think it is actually my first time meeting her. All the previous meetings it was her nap time and she was home with Daddy, but her mom always came.Now that the meetings are in the afternoon she can attend too. It was fun to meet her, she is very close to Holly in age. So this was our most recent meeting, that I attended, and I look forward to reading the next book!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. What was the 20 year old book? Probably one I read back then! The home of the hosts looks so lovely with all the wood!
And Holly looks happy and busy!
love, Granny