Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Puffy Cheeks


Puffy Cheeks
Originally uploaded by vczdavis
The ants go marching two by two Hurah, Hurah
The ants go marching Three by three Hurah, Hurah
The ants go marching four by four Hurah, Hurah

This is what I hate about winter in California... Winter means rain, which I love, but rain means that the homes of a million ants get washed away.. that means they all try and move into my home.

This past week it has been the bathroom. Everytime I go in there, I see 2-3 of the little buggers crawling around, the sink, the wall, the counter... looking for food. For some reason they think toothpaste in the sink is dinner.

Well yesterday morning I was in there and there were eight of them, that I could reach and squash, there was another inching its way towards the ceiling.

I am thankful it has not been an outbreak yet.. These are the "feeler" ants sent out in search of food, only to go home and get the rest of the troops if food is found. Now granted they are harmless, teeny tiny black sugar ants, but still I hate them.

We are doing better today in general. Holly took a single nap this afternoon, for 3 hours, she slept soundly last night 12 hours and didn't wake up until after 10:00 so I kept her up until Therapy, which she was very good for. Since she was subdued since she is still sick, Katie focused on cognative and fine motor skills. We are working on getting her to hold and bang together 2 items. She also sat in Katie's lap and turned pages and they read books.

This is Holly's Puffy Cheek face, she has been doing this since she has been teething, she keeps her mouth closed a lot and puffs her cheeks, I think her tonuge is under there working her gums. The 4 teeth seem to have broken through and are starting to come in.

Holly was a drooly, snotty girl today who had to have her clothes changed 4 times from all the drool and snot. Finally I put a bib on her. We ate again today, I have been giving her a break due to the new teeth, see wasn't thrilled about it and was still quite resistant, but I got her to eat almost 1/2 a container of garden veggies, she doesn't seem to be in as much pain, just uncomfortable.. I mean with all the snot and all.

We are getting ready for our trip. Joel brought the suitcase up tonight and tomorrow I start to pack, and well.. Wednesday night we will be on a plane... Yikes... what an adventure. I hope she gets well, the teeth finish growing, and I stay not sick.

4 comments:

ST said...

I hope Holly feels better soon! And yeah, I hate the ants, too!

Anonymous said...

Here the ants don't come in for a visit, they just die a most sodden death. But of course they come back in droves come spring. Good luck on the flight. Teething and planes are never a good mix :(

Umma said...

Oh, the TEETHING! It's just miserable for everyone. I hope she gets a break for a while! Monkey started teething before he was 4 months old and didn't stop until his 2nd year molars came in around 16 months. It was AWFUL.

The ants would FREAK me out. I wouldn't be able to sleep. *shudder*

Angel said...

aww so very cute! She is really growing fast