Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Random Thoughts Tuesday

Holly's birthday party was amazing, and I will post about it as soon as I have a spare minute.

I hate Day light savings time it has totally screwed up our schedule. Holly has been going to sleep at 11:15 (right when she should if the clocks hadn't changed) and last night it was midnight. She isn't waking up early enough to get her naps and her lack of sleep has made her very cranky.

The poor baby has a horrible diaper rash that I think turned into a yeast infection, but I got Destin today and it seems better, but is still slightly raised. We were using Boudreaux but everyone told me it wasn't as good as Destin.. Destin is 40% zinc oxide versus 16% in Boudreaux.

I miss my mom, she went back to Florida already and her trip was too short. I was stressed all last week planning and preparing for the party, so I was cranky, now that I am more relaxed and its all over, she had to go.

Monday we had our positive parenting workshop and they talked about all the age appropriate behaviors kids do that adults don;t like, like throwing toys and blocks, biting, ripping pages from books. And how they must do these things to learn about the world around them.

At studio grow Holly was dumping blocks out of a bin and I didn't respond, and she kept gleefully throwing them out. Then she put on back in by accident and I clapped and applauded her. She was so excited, that she put several more back in the bin, to get my cheery response.

Grandparents are great, but I think Grand babies wear them out... They aren't used to hours and hours of doing what Baby wants and following them around.. but that's why they were parents 30 years ago, and grandparents now.

Holly likes all the extra attention but I think by the end of the day she is worn out and just misses momma.

Grannies are wonderful for taking Holly on walks around the park, she loves walks.

Holly has been waking up in the middle of the night, one night it took 2 hours to get her back to sleep, after her bottle she laid in bed with me, and just stared at the ceiling, for 90 minutes, I rubbed her back and head and leg and face, if I stopped she got upset, but as long as I gently rubbed her she laid quietly.

She is either getting her molars, unhappy about her diaper rash, going through a growth spurt, processing from her over whelming days, or all of the above.

Mom and dad get to go to the movies tonight, this is very exciting.

Mom feels like she is very behind on posting, and never got around to writing about our great Wine and Cheese Play date, or Chloe's last week.

Mom needs to find time to write all about Holly's birthday Party before it is too late. She promises herself she will do it tonight, once Holly is in bed.

Therapy was a wash today because Holly was so tired, she didn't get up at 8:00, so she wouldn't go down for her nap, then by the time therapy was over she was over tired and wouldn't sleep. She finally fell asleep at 4:50.. after being up since 9:00 AM, and in the first 45 minutes of her nap, she woke 3 times crying and needed to be soother back to sleep. At 2:00 she fell asleep for 10minutes then woke up screaming with night terrors during the day, but Mom woke her up and let her watch baby Einstein till she was calm, then tried the swing, but even after 45 minutes she still wasn't asleep, and then got grumpy and wanted to play some more.

Holly is a baby on the verge.... words and steps are days away, I can feel it. She so wants to talk and walk, she just isn't quite there yet, but she is working at it.


1 comment:

CarolineThomas said...

By the looks of those x-rays my money is on teething molars!

Grannies are great fun and I bet you will miss them, hope they come back in the summer :-)