Sunday, March 8, 2009

High Chair


So I have been feeding Holly in her little read Bumbo "like" chair, but she is really starting to outgrow it. She still fits in it technically, but she can almost tip it over when she is trying to reach behind her, so I have been searching for a Highchair.

My friend Tracey got the Chicco Sahara for her son Lucian and did a lot of research on it, deciding that this Chicco is the best one. Well I haven't had time to do any research, but almost never saw the Chicco's for sale used. New it is $139 and I wasn't sure I wanted to spend that much when there are simply ones you can get for $40 But this one has a recline, 3 positions, 7 heights, foot rest, three trays, washable, cushions, wheels... So maybe the features are nice to have?

So I have been keeping my eye open for it. I have seen a Preggo Something or another, often it retails for like $200, but a lot of people are selling it, and when i did some research there was a model that was recalled and I can never tell if the one that is being sold is that model.

Well, long story short, I finally found the Chicco on Craigslist, but it was really far away, like 30-40 miles, and I wasn't sure I wanted to make the trip. Well I found out that the location was near the SF Airport, and well, last week I drove there to pick up my mother, so we just drove a few miles further, and in the truck the Chicco went.. and get this.. Frugal Momma would be Proud.. only $60.. Less then half price and as good as new. I was excited about the deal, and I am enjoying the Highchair. I love the wheels, and though Holly is a little, "little" for it still, a pillow behind her back works fine, and she will grow into.

I love putting finger foods on the tray and letting her snack, and it is nice to be able to have the food on the tray, just out of her reach. She does drop more food into her lap then she did with the Red Chair, but I think that once she gets a little bigger she won't as much.

Eating has been going really well. She is eating 1/2 - 2 container's a sitting, she is snacking on finger foods, and we eat 2-3 times a day.. But then there are other things, like level 3 Pasta Premavera. She totally puked, each time I tried to give her just a bite of that. I guess the little chunks of foods, pasta in it, was just too much for her to handle, so we will continue to practice.



3 comments:

CarolineThomas said...

Loving the highchair, very exciting and very frugal indeed! xx

Jo said...

I use a feeding chair as opposed to a high chair. I have no room in my place for a high chair. I like it cause it's portable and then I can use it on the floor when doing OT stuff.

fragilemom said...

Great job on the buy. I LOVE CRAIGSLIST!