Sunday, March 15, 2009

Parent's Night Out

This weekend was fun. The Grannies were here on Saturday and left on Sunday Morning. So Sunday was mainly spent just resting, cleaning, organizing and having some time with just the three of us.. Mommy also snuck in a massage appointment in the morning with a hot tub, and boy did she need it! I haven’t had one since I visited my mom in Florida, and it had been 6 months since I last saw my Massage therapist. Well my shoulder has been killing me because I am sleeping on it funny when I put Holly into bed with me every night, I have to use one arm to pet her for anywhere between 10-90 minutes and my arm gets so tired, but it’s actually the other shoulder that I am laying on that is hurting. The therapist said that I should put a heating pad under it before I lay down on it and maybe that will help and then stretch it out afterwards.

It was so nice however to soak in the hot tub and get pampered. I stopped when I quit my job, we all need to make sacrifices, but now I am thinking maybe I should go 1 time every 4-6 weeks, it makes such a big difference to help me relax and rejuvenate, I mean being home with Holly 5 days a week, 10 hours a day is a lot of work, so I think I deserve it, now I just have to see how I can squeeze it out of my budget.

I thought this little Jean dress was cute.. it was a gift from Isabel, it is size T2 which is hard to beleive and didn't fit Sarah, we liked it, but it barely fit Holly, there is another outfit that I Love and I can;t get her head through the top, its also a T2 I just don;t get how they do sizes!

This is Holly showing everyone that she is capable of having a tantrum, this is what happens when Mommy tries to Blog dring the day before she goes to bed and stops paying attention to her for a few seconds.. But I think she has been extra clingy because I have been leaving her with the grannies in the morning, and for a few babysitting sessions, so she really wants Mommy when I am home.



I was so grateful for the Grannies on Saturday; they babysat for almost 5 hours while we went to a very long afternoon Movie. We headed out around 2:30 hoping to make a 2:45 but then decided to wait for the 3:40 so we could eat some lunch before hand and stop by the bookstore. The 3:40 movie was also in IMAX and the other wasn’t so it was a bonus. We saw Watchmen.

So advance notice there may be spoiler’s here.. I actually really liked this movie, much more then I was expecting it to. I also however loved 300 and really liked Sin City. It had a similar feel, but it also reminded me of that Beatles Song Movie that was out a few years back. The setting was an alternate Earth where in the 20-30 the “Minute Men” were these vigilantes who fought crime in “Masks” But in the “Present Time” the cold war was still on, election terms limits was rescinded and Nixon was reelected 5 times, we “won” Vietnam.. Yet the world was a pretty ugly place, and while at one time, the “Watchmen” were embarrassed in present two were out-ed, and the rest were in hiding, and pretty much banned. One of the story hero’s was a complete sociopath, not unlike jack Bower, but much worse, and it really made you think about the fine line between what justifies an action like “murder” a criminal kills someone it is Murder, a Cop or the Death penalty does, and well that’s ok, or in War, it’s OK, not that, that was at all the theme of the story, but it made me think about that kind of thing.


Anyway, we saw the Reality juxtaposed with this super hero story and modern day songs and the transitions and cinematography was just amazing, the way it was edited and pulled you in, for the first 1.2 of the movie anyways. Then there was a point where it got too narrative, and they explained too much instead of showing, and the romance was a little tired, and while the “end” of the story itself didn’t bother me, the way the film-maker executed the last act was disappointing in light of the amazing job they did the first 2 hours of the film.

The special effects were amazing, it was very pretty to look at and the characters were neat. From my friends who read the comic book they said that it stuck pretty close to the original story.. Also a little background, apparently it has been literally decades that people have been trying to make this film, and those in the “know” thought that finally they did a pretty darn good job. So while I really liked it, because of the slight letdown at the end I can’t say I loved it, or it was “great”

So that was my weekend. Holly did great with the Babysitting, but she was super happy to see Mommy once I got home. Since it was the afternoon it worked well, it was her best time of day, she had just woke up from a nap, and she was at home in her own environment, so that was good too.

No comments: