Thursday, January 5, 2012

Knitting Projects for Holly's Princesses

So Holly's doll's like to play dress-up as much as she does. About two weeks ago we went to a play date at Theo's house and his mom Berrin was knitting a Vest. I had knitters envy and spent the afternoon looking through her stitch book while the kids played and we chatted. So when I went home I decided that almost four years was too long a time and I needed to pick up knitting again. I hadn't done it since I went into labor. I decided to start off easy and I turned this into a Doll Dress. This was actually something I started while in labor, I have no idea if it was supposed to end up being anything at all other then something for me to focus on and I really only had a ring of green and orange about 2 inch's thick. So it became a skirt which i then added a top too with sleeves and a neck. Though it was perfect size for her Princess Dolls, I realized they had large heads, wide shoulders and the fabric did not stretch as much as I would have liked, so it is a bit of a challenge to put on.


I decided to remedy that in my next dress which I started last week. This Beautiful Blue ball gown was designed to fit both of her dolls, She has these larger ones she calls baby Coco, which I didn't realize were so much bigger then the princess ones but it is. So I had to design the dress to fit both. On Rapunzel you can see the v shaped back which matches the V knit patter on the front, the back is actually open and laced together and then tied like a belt making the waist snug. The length and ruffle look make it a ball gown for the princess but on Baby Coco it is more flirty and fun, as a shorter skirt, you can also see on the princess the sleeves fold over adding that Sleeping Beauty gown look, wear as it lays flat on the larger doll. Anyway. I was very please to have something that both dolls could wear and Holly loves this color. I learned from the first dress to make this one better, and I learned form this one too.

Lets see what I come up with next.


1 comment:

Granny said...

So CUTE! I love the V back! and the ruffle along the bottom! i'm glad you're back into knitting...maybe a sweater for Holly is next?