Monday, July 28, 2008

Very Cherry Girl


Very Cherry Girl
Originally uploaded by vczdavis
Day 11 Monday 7/28

This morning she played with Granny, and rocked in her swing. She did not want to take a nap, and woke after 5 minutes, so granny brought her to Mommy and after singing songs for about 20 minutes she took a nice nap, to rest for her Therapy. She woke and ate just in time to play with Katie. She was very focused on holding and playing with her tongue and didn't want to do much else. She did do several good arm stretches, bared weight on her legs, followed and grabbed for toys, and looked at her feet some, but not a lot. We have a new tummy time toy with is an "aqua duck" it fills with a thin layer of water that she can then press on and it squishes around moving the toys inside. She seemed to be very intrigued with this, and stayed on her tummy to look at it for a long time, and did some pushing with her hand with help. She however really loved activating her feet and using them to step and kick at the toys and feel the different type of ground / surface underneath. So she had a lot of fun with this. While feeding her a second bottle, Kattie was able to get her to relax some more and do some really good stretches and she was reaching up with her left hand well.

She walked around the backyard today, and read books, and sang songs. She is pretty tired from her session and a bit cranky and took two naps so far this afternoon. I am still in awe that she will recognize me from across the room, and watch my every move. When she woke up today she was grumpy and her daddy brought her into the living room, and as soon as she saw me over on the couch she had a big smile. Then later when playing with Katie, she kept looking over to make sure I was there, and when I walked into the kitchen she watched me go, and waited looking at the door for my return. I am slightly worried about leaving her in day care, as she has been missing her mommy when i don;t spend every minute with her. Today she was angry and was fussing, then as soon as i took her she cried and yelled. I told her to get it all out and tell me how upset she was, a few moments later she was happy and hugging my arm. I may be reading too much into things, but it felt like i was a safe person for her to express her emotions, and then she was comforted. Is she old enough for this type of complexity?

She had a very fun afternoon playing in ocean time, and playing upside down baby. She giggles whenever I do this and has a blast. She also played in her bouncer. She chews on the side of this and drools all over it, I will have to put something on it, or a bid on her until she is bigger in it. She entertained herself for about 10 minutes, she looked at the toys, and bounced herself a little bit, but was not too active. She was very tired today, and she ate at around 6:30 and fell asleep in her swing around 7:00. We were just sitting down for dinner, then we played a game. before we knew it it was 10:30 and she was still asleep. So we woke her up and fed her a 4 ounce bottle. Then at 11:45 I gave her a 25 dose of Minocycline in 4 ml of apple juice. I tried a little less thinking it would be less to make her drink. She was asleep and woke up and didn't like the taste of it. It took me about 20 minutes to give it to her and she cried and fussed the whole time, half asleep, I kept giving it to her, squirting it in, or having her suck it, then she would taste it, cry and fall back asleep. I think tomorrow I will go back to the 5ml and maybe even add more sugar. I have to find a balance that the taste is desirable, to her otherwise she will spit it up and not get any medicine.

No comments: