Wednesday, July 30, 2008

AquaDuck


AquaDuck
Originally uploaded by vczdavis
Day 13 Wednesday 7/30

Today Holly played with her granny's in ocean time, had a story, sang some songs, tummy time with Aquaduck and then was ready for a nap. I didn't get her to sleep until 12:00 and she was supposed to have her PT at 12:45-1:00 Start, but I thought a little nap before was better then nothing. Then her PT Called and had to cancel because she was coming down with a bug. I let Holly sleep, and she stayed asleep until 4:15. It was a very deep sleep, and I think she was catching up from taking no naps the day before, also yesterday at chyhuli she had a lot of new information to process, and I think she was just tired from such an active and big day. She woke to a bottle and was thrilled to be well rested and fed.

She had a wonderful time playing in Daddy's chair. I sat her up leaning against the arm and put toys next to her. She would actually reach over to them and pick them up. She had several balls that we were playing with and i would put them in her lap between her legs. One is a hard rubber translucent ball with glitter inside that moves. It is very heavy, and with two hands she was able to pick it up, she tried to put it in her mouth but ended up just licking it. She played with her texture blocks, these are large soft cubes, with different textures on each side, and pictures, one has a mirror which she liked to look at.

We also have a soft bumpy ball that she picked up and with her hands she explored the bumps on the surface. Before I gave her the toys while she was sitting on the chair, she was exploring and feeling the seem on the chair, it is made of brown microfiber and she was looking at the different shades of brown patter from the light and texture and rubbing the surface of the chair, she did this for a few moments, and eventually went from sitting up to laying down, once she was in this position and stuck, she got fussy, so i sat her back up and gave her the toys. I had a pile next to her and she would reach for one and play with it, then eventually drop it. Some times I would hand her a new one and she would take it. It was very exciting.

I also need to cut her nails again, they grow so fast, but it seems that she has scratches on her ankles, so I haven;t seen her play independently with her feet much, but the scratches are evidence that she has been at least reaching them to scratch herself.

She was up for a while after her long nap, and had a fashion show for her grannys, today she wore 5 different outfits. She also had a bath and a very long massage. She was in a good mood for the massage, so she didn't get fussy at all, and I was able to go through my whole routine twice. Yesterday at the museum she had a very very watery poop. Today she has not gone yet., I am wondering if the apple juice is just now getting through her system, I hope she doesn't continue to be so watery, I will keep you posted.

Holly woke up from her nap and ate at 9:20, and played for an hour. She bumped her head and startled herself and cried. Daddy was comforting her and I was across the room smiling at her, so I stuck my tongue out at her and she smiled and stuck her tongue out me. It was very cute. At 10:30 she had 25 minocycline with 4ml apple juice. She took it better then usual, but still didn't like it. She sat in her little nest hugging her star for about 30 minutes and fell asleep.

No comments: