Thursday, July 24, 2008

Rose Colored Hats


Rose Colored Hats
Originally uploaded by
vczdavis
Day 7 Thursday 7/24

This morning Holly was in a very quiet mood, she played in bed with me and fell asleep. We went to my mother's group at 12:30 and she was very curious and active. She had some tummy time, and was holding and chewing on toys, she was smiling at the coordinator. She was tight, and I was trying to do stretches with her, get her to raise her hands above her head or extend her left arm. She would hold things on the left if I gave them to her, but she was not reaching out on her own from the left.

We drove into the city to run errands and took a walk. She was very intrigued with the new surroundings and sounds. It was very windy and she liked this. She has really enjoyed playing with her star cloth and chews on it a lot, and it seems to comfort and entertain her. We had a play date schedule for the late afternoon that was cancelled, and while driving there she was beginning to fall asleep, but when I received the vm and turned around to go home I got stuck in Downtown rush hour traffic. It took me almost 30 minutes to go two blocks and during this time there was no where to stop, pull over, or turn off the road. Because we weren't "driving" she didn't fall all the way asleep. She began to cry and became very frantic. I tried to give her toys to calm her, her pacifier, hold her hand, play music and sing to her but nothing worked, she wanted to be picked up and held, which driving on my own and no where to get out I could not do. She cried so much she began to choke and spit up some of her last meal which had been 45 minutes earlier. She was inconsolable, and hysterical, and it was torment. I never let her cry for more then 30 seconds. She finally cried herself to sleep and was whimpering in her sleep. By the time I was able to pull over she was sleeping, so I crossed the bridge and went home.

When I went to get her out of the car I had my sun glasses on, she woke when I parked and opened her door, at first she gave me and angry look, then I lifted my sunglasses so she could see me, and she gave me the biggest smile ever, I was so relieved. That evening, I cleaned her up, we had some naked baby play time, and she got a massage which seemed to relax her some, she didn't want to be put down most of the evening. We read two stories and sang songs. By the time she was ready for another nap, she let me put her in the swing. It hasn't had batteries for a few weeks, and I think she missed it. She was very content to be rocked and listen to the cricket noises, she watched me while swinging for maybe 10 minutes, I left the room once, and she began to fuss, and as soon as I can back and sat on the couch she calmed herself. She took a long nap and didn't wake until late.

She was off her usual schedule, but I let her sleep because she had a frantic day. When she woke at around 10:00 she played with daddy for a bit, she sat in his lap and played quietly with her star, she was hungry so we fed her a bottle, and she played some more, for maybe 20 or more minutes. I then started to get her ready to sleep. We played the alphabet sound game, read goodnight moon, and sang the Holly has a little fish song, that I sing her every night. We swaddled her, and at 11:30 gave her 25 dose of minocycline mixed with 2ml of apple juice. She drank this right down and didn't even notice the medicine. The Consultant from the Alta bates new parent group recommended the apple juice and said since it was such a small amount, and for medication that it would be ok.

Today wasn't the best day. She spent a lot of time bearing weight on her legs, with me holding her hands, and she spent a lot of time running errands with me in her car seat. We went to walgrees also, and were stuck waiting for a perscription. She did however seem to like all the walking around and spent time looking at all the new things, so it was a change of pace to our usual days.

Tomorrow her Granny will be visiting from Florida for a week, and we have swim class. she has been sleeping now for about 2 hours since the minocycline, and I suspect she will sleepthrough the night. I will email this, and begin on week 2 tomorrow.

No comments: