Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Croods

 We have been going to a lot of movies this Spring/Summer I have been really proud of Holly's behavior and attention while at the movies.  I still need to do a bit of prep work prior to the movie, show her previews or clips if available and tell her about the story in advance if I can.  On this day we went to see The Croods.  I forgot to bring her earphones, I felt super bad as she covered her ears during previews and said it was too loud, but she was able to handle most of the actual movie.

The story was super cute, about a Cavegirl named Ep, she is curious which her father warns against, and says causes Danger.  One night she meets a Boy named "Guy" who has invented Fire and all kinds of other things who tells them that the end is coming and they have to leave there safe cave and move to a new place. They go on a traveling adventure.  I'm not doing the best explaining it, but it was super sweet, about the love of a family, and letting go and growing up and being brave.  Holly liked it a lot.

Recently we have been going to the Movies with Mira, it had been two years since I let her go with a friend because last time she was too distracted and didn't pay attention to the film, but the girls have been doing really well and it has been so nice to take her to the movies, one of my favorite things to do.






No comments: