Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Birthday Holly - Party at Head Over Heels - 3/17

Holly had a Big Birthday Party this year at Head Over Heels, the weekend after her Birthday.  She wanted it to be Jake and the Neverland Pirates.  We had light snacks so the kids could refuel while playing, but the Cake was my proud Moment, I decorated it myself.  I started with a Vanilla and a Chocolate generic Costco Cake and I turned the frosting Blue and added Sand and trees and characters.  Holly loved them.

The party was super fun, They tried to do something a little more grown up then her party last year where they facilitated activities and a few games prior to open play.  They encouraged the parents to participate and we of course all listened, then later the coach told me that we had more parent participation then any other party they have had.  I was proud of all the Mommies and Daddies in my group!  Also this party we had a section take place in the back of the gym, which was a new area for us and had a huge foam pit that we hadn't used before, the coach had the parents jump in and then all the kids raced over and jumped on top of us.

One thing Holly loves about a big party like this is that all her friends get mixed up.  We had School Friends and Playgroup friends and meet-up Friends and Swim and Gym friends, she loved introducing them to each other and that everywhere she looks is a friend she knows and is excited to see.

There was a lot of jumping and running around.  Everyone had a blast.  It was a super fun party.  It's been a few months now and she still talks about it, and I can hardly believe she really is 5 already, such a big girl.

We attempted to take some video;s at the party, but something happened when I tried to transfer them off of my camera, so i don;t have them to post for you now, but if I get them working I will post them later.


































































































No comments: