Sunday, October 31, 2010

NanoWrimo!

It’s NanoWrimo time. It has been 4 years since I have last completed a Nano novel. I think getting pregnant and having a baby had a little something to do with that. Before that, I had completed two Novels. Now my Daughter is 2 years 7 Months old and after Joel, the Husband, asking that I participate - to provide support and help him actually complete - for the last two years running. So this year, I decided to take the plunge. This year however my Novel will be a little non-traditional. It is a story, a live memoir so to speak, it will be a daily account of the life of Holly my daughter, in her precocious two year old voice. It should be funny, it should help me to step into her shoes and reflect, it should be a chance to document the life of a two year old, I will be posting it hear, day by day… Assuming I write every day as I should, each day 1666 words at least, so that I make the goal of 50,000 by the end of the month. I won’t include pictures, as that is too much work (the layout part) but I will have other picture posts throughout the month. So I hope you enjoy the stories!

www.nanowrimo.org

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a cool idea! And I think you should feel free to take creative license, and make up conversations, or plans Holly has, that might be a bit fictional...just for the creative piece. I am so looking forward to this!
And what a great way to really empathize with Holly and understand her process.
love, Granny