Monday, July 4, 2011

Mommy's Night Out, Disney Style

So it's 10:00 PM and we are leaving California Adventure. It's our last day of vacationAnd after skipping their afternoon naps, Chloe and Holly fall fast asleep in their strollers as we walk back to the hotelDisneyland is open for two more hours, so I take this opportunity to run over to the park and ride some of the big kids rides.My wonderful Husband Joel takes Holly back to the hotel and puts her into bed. I decide to begin my adventure on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.That first picture is of the Blue Bayou as the boat floats through the restaurant. There was no flash photography allowed on the ride so the pictures are not the greatest.In retrospect I almost think Holly might have liked it. The boat ride was relatively smooth and she likes Pirates, there were no area's where things jump out out you and it was mostly calm and mellow.I will definitely take her next time we go. But I was ready for something with a little more action, when I walked by Indiana Jones was closed so I rushed over to Tomorrow land.Space mountain here I come. I was so super pumped up to get to ride a roller coaster it had been a really long time and i was very excited. The ride was as thrilling as I remembered it to be.Next up was Star Tours, it was right next door and it seemed like it would be a lot of fun, I was able to use the Fast Pass line so I hoped it would go quick.The line itself was pretty entertaining with all of the Robot Characters, R2D2 is my all time favorite from Star WarsI had forgotten what the star tours ride was like or that it was 3D but as we got close it came back to me from years ago when I had ridden it in Orlando.I thought it was a lot of fun and I never have motion sickness or anything like that. it was quite to be in the cargo ship with C3PO and I enjoyed the ride.So far my late night at Disney was turning out to be a lot of fun and I was pretty happy to have gotten three rides in.After a super hot day the night air was refreshing and the waits were not very long, it was a Tuesday Night after all.
I got off the ride at 11:51 and checked my app to see that Indiana Jones had reopened, so I made an attempt to book it on over.In the fastest pace of the trip I made it across Tomorrow land and into Adventure land for the ride by 11:57. Once I was into the entrance of the ride I didn't have to rush.I had no clue what to expect, only slightly remembering the ride from Universal studio's and the "line" was super long. I think it took me another five minutes to get from the entrance to the car ride itself.
It was a Story / Roller Coaster type ride, where we were off roading it through the adventure with Indy. The ride was rough and jerked me around a lot.I couldn't take any pictures at all for fear of my camera flying off my hand. But I held on tight and enjoyed the ride, I was excited to have fit in a final forth ride.The park was beautiful at night, afterwards I was able to leisurely enjoy the walk towards main street. By then it was around 12:15 but I learned main street was open till 1:00am for shopping.I was hot from my rushing around and I had skipped dinner so I decided to stop in the Old Fashion Ice Cream parlor for a snack, originally I wanted a Root Beer Float, but I ended up with a Cookie Sundae.It was super yummy and it was nice to have a seat and enjoy my treat while I watched people walking down main street heading out for the day.I took a few minutes to browse the store next door and found a "Toddler" size Tinkerbell doll. Holly has the Ariel, but I had never seen our fairy friend before. I learned they only sell it at the parks, so I got it for her. At another store I decided to get her some Princess Pirate Mouse ears. The pirate with a Tiara just felt like Holly.
As I left the store I noticed the streets were completely empty but for a few security guards, it seems that it was 1:07 and I may have been the last "Civilian" in the park. I hadn't realized and headed out. it was a wonderful Mommy's night out and I was glad i got to do a little bit of the grown up stuff while there, it was a little cherry on top of the sundae of our trip.

1 comment:

Granny said...

I love your night photos of "Tinkerbell's castle"! Love Granny