Friday, June 4, 2010

Bubbles in the Park

I can't believe it's been a whole week since I made a proper blog post. I have been so busy and tired lately.I think that has a lot to do with how hot it is, with the lights on int he living room and a laptop on my lap,I am uncomfortable and burning up. our bedroom has a ceiling fan and is the only cool room in the house.So I have been going to bed relatively early lately because it is too hot to do anything. Holly is also acting up when it comes to nap time.So without a moment in the afternoon or evening, I have little to no time, which is why there haven't been any posts.School is going well but we are still adjusting to the schedule, one morning she needs to be woken at 9:00 then next she doesn't nap, goes to bed at 9:30 and is up by 5:00 am.It is nice that its summer time and the days are longer now, the park and being out doors in the early evening is great.But the mid-day heat can be wearing, Especially with a rambunctious toddler intent on getting her way these days.We feel like she is going through another developmental growth spurt, she hung from a bar the other day and is climbing in more scary ways.But also her communication skills are increasing, it is sad in some ways as I see her get frustrated more now.She tries to sign or jabber some complicated idea or story and I don;t know what she wants or is asking for and she gets frustrated and tries to tell me like 5 different ways.But I am getting better at figuring out what she is trying to say. She is also feeding herself more and doing really well in pre-preschool.These are some pictures from Pirate Cove Park down in union City if I recall correctly. We had been once or twice before.The playdate was bubble themed and we brought the bubble gun that Holly got from her Oma and Opa, we left the bubble machine at home as there was no outlets.We played with Bubbles quite a bit, but it was a breezy day so they would fly away quickly or be hard to blow if facing the wind.Mostly Holly enjoyed climbing and running around the park with the other kids. there were two little girl siblings she had a lot of fun playing with.The older sister adored Holly because she would follow her around and also do whatever she said. Holly was a little older then her younger sister, so easier to boss around.Holly loved being bossed around and getting to chase the big girl and play with her. I was amazed she even let her carry her.It was a fun weekend playdate in the park with Daddy, an easy laid back way to enjoy the afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another wonderful park! I hear you about the heat!!!! Summer in Florida...I feel your pain.
Love, Jackie