Sunday, May 9, 2010

Little Princess

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. Our day was pretty fun, we spent the morning with Holly and had a date in the evening.Originally we were going to go to Habitot but found out last minute that they were closed.So instead we joined Chloe and family at Superfranks for an afternoon of playtime.They opened a new room called the fishtank, which I will post pictures of in a few weeks.Chloe had her Nene with her, who enjoyed watching the girls play.We had lunch together, some chicken as a early snack and then pizza.The whole family slept in that morning, till 10:00 so it was almost noon by the time we arrived.We stayed until about 3:30 and nearly made it home without Holly taking a nap,But she fell asleep in the car. When we got home Mommy decided to rest in the car too for a bit.But by 5:00 she woke up and Tanta Kat was ready to babysit and Holly woke up.We were going to a 5:45 Movie called "Babies" it is a documentary about 4 babies.One named Hattie who lives in San Francisco, Mari from Tokyo, Ponijao from Namibia and Bayarjargal from Mongolia.The story starts at birth until they are about 18 months, each learning to walk.It jumps around between them, showing how cute they are, very alike, but oh so different lives too.It was very interesting and even though Joel says there is not supposed to be meaning I think it was designed to make you think.Afterward we went over to PF Changs for dinner. We tried to get a reservation, but were too late and had to wait for a table.It was nice to sit and chat, I was playing Joel's iPhone games, But the wait was about 50 minutes.We got a table and ordered our food and had drinks and an appetizer. The drink was a Changs Mai Tai and was very yummy.The Appetizer was Pork Dumpling thingys, I forget now what they are called but I actually liked them.But then it was almost an hour before they served our main course. Normally I would enjoy time with Joel,But I forgot to mention that I had been denying that I was sick for the last 4 days, saying it was only allergies.But by Sunday I was coughing and my throat started hurting and I realized I actually had some type of cold, so I was ready to be home.Our food finally came, and was yummy and we got home just before ten. It was a great night, even though I wasn't feeling well.Before bed we all had a slice of Chocolate Coffee Chunk ice Cream Cake from Cold Stone, We got it on Saturday for Mother's Day.All in all it was a really nice day, we were very tired and the weekend was long, but I am already starting to feel better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear about your Mother's Day. I've been wanting to see "Babies" and plan to go, sounds like you liked it.
I hope you are feeling better soon!
Cute pix of Holly and her BFFs!
My mother's day was So special because I got a card from Holly that she signed herself!!!!
Love, Granny