Friday, November 5, 2010

A Month in the Life - 3

I like throwing things a lot, and especially running after them and playing catch. I played catch with my friend Theo the other day. He is a big kid, and he has a baby brother. It is fun when we go and play at his house because he has so many animals and cars and trains and balls. He likes to pick me up and carry me and he always chases me when I try and play tag with him.

When we went to his house we built a little house for the animals using big blocks, they were lots of colors and one had a fish cut out of it. It was like a puzzle to put it together and we all had to work on it. Mommy helped us a lot because some of the pieces were standing up to make the wall and she had to hold them while Theo pushed them in and then she held the walls while we put the roof on. When we were done building it we made a door. I wanted to climb in but Theo said I was too big and it was only for the cars and animals to play in.

Later we went to Theo’s room while his baby brother was eating and Mommy let us take out all of his toys. Chloe was there playing too and first we found all of the balls, I wanted to make sure that I saw every one and then I climbed into the basket. It was a boat. Then I told Chloe to put all the balls in too. I was like a big ball. Then when I was all hidden I could jump out.

Then the balls all went crash and we dumped the basket over fast. It was hilarious. Chloe found another basket this one was filled with so many animals. I didn’t know there was that many, because when Theo was playing with the house with me there were only two of them. I didn’t even know what all of the animals were called. Chloe and I decided that we had to take turns with every animal. So she would take one out and then I would take one out and then we would trade so we both got to hold every one. I wanted to make sure we knew what each one was called so we said the names. There was a Pig and a Cow, and a Baba and a horse and a cat and there were lots of Dinosaurs, I didn’t know what they were called so I asked Mommy, and gave her the Dinosaur to hold but she didn’t know what it was called either so she asked Theo and he knew, It was a big word I think he said something like Stegosaurus and Ptyronadon, I said each one after he told me the name but I don’t remember them. Sometimes I would just call them animals, and Mommy would say, Dinosaurs.

We had so many animals that me and Chloe could not see our feet and legs anymore. It was funny, I liked to push them and throw them and make them all go crash, but when I throw them Mommy tells me no.

Then I wanted to open up all of the sliding toy bins but I could not pull them out because there was card board blocking them. Mommy said it was because I was too little to play with the toys, but I reached in and found a Choo Choo, and Theo told her that he had lots of cars and trains, so she said it was ok and opened it for me. She told me she was going to go and talk to the other Mommies and would check in later. We had a lot of fun with all of the cars. I got to push them around and make them go. There were busses and trucks and cars in every color. When mommy came back in she started to laugh and told us that we made the biggest mess she had ever seen. I just giggled, I didn’t see a mess at all, and we just took all the toys out. How can you know which ones to play with if you don’t see them all?

But the best part was Mommy let us keep playing. It was a lot of fun. Theo gave us directions and made up fun stories and we drove the cars all around and they flew in the air and then we rode on the train and the train brought food to the animals and then we fed all of the animals. That’s when Theo’s baby brother came in to play. He liked to chew on the cars, I can see why they do feel good against your teeth and are hard when you bite down on them but his Mommy told him know and that’s when we had to clean up. She put up the gate to keep him out, but he cried and wanted to come and help. Chloe and I were really good and getting all of the cars and putting them in one box and getting the animals to put in the other, but the baby kept on crying. It made me sad for him, he wanted to play too and he wanted his Mommy but she was busy cleaning. I climbed up onto the toy box and I had a big car that she told me I could play with and I tried to drive it, but I kept seeing how sad the baby was, so then I missed my mommy too. I called her and called her, and then she came, but she was locked out too. So Theo’s mommy picked me up and brought me to her and I gave her a big hug. She squeezed me so tight, and that helped a lot.

I gave her lots of kisses and she kept squeezing me. That helps me to calm down and not feel so upset. She brought me back to the living room and we sat on the couch and I took a Mommy break, as she likes to call it. I gave her lots of cuddles and it was nice and quiet and soon I was ready to play. Mommy doesn’t always know when I am ready, she likes to kept giving me hugs, but I told her play and wiggled away. All the fun toys in Theo’s room where cleaned up and put away again, so it wasn’t any fun now. But then we made up a new game. Theo’s Mommy showed us the toy bins in the living room. They were bright pretty colors and I didn’t even know there was stuff inside. But in just a flash all of the sudden there was a huge pile of soft animals filling up the entire room. Theo was jumping. I was so excited I jumped up and ran over and went CRASH!

Theo kept building the pile for us and then Chloe and I got to jump into the middle of it. It is just like when Mommy squeezes me except I can do it all on my own over and over again.

Then we played hide and seek. Theo would lay down in the middle of the animals and Chloe’s mom would cover him up with the animals, and then we had to tip toe around him and then we wouldn’t know when but he would jump up from the middle of the animals are go “Raaarr” It was such a big surprise, it made us laugh so hard that I got the hiccups.

We wanted to hide too, so I decided that the colored toy bins were the perfect place to hide and I put one over me. Mommy said I was a red ghost Holly. We played Peek-a-boo. When the bins were on their side we crawled inside of them. Even Theo’s baby brother crawled inside and hid. There were four colors, brown and black and red and orange. I liked all of them, but Coco said that the black and brown ones were too dark so she was scared. She wanted to play too but didn’t like it when she was hiding by herself. So I told her she could hide with Mommy. She sat in Mommies lap and they both went bye bye together. Then I would crash on Mommy and pick up the bin and they would yell Boo! It was great. We played this game for a long time. Theo became a caterpillar and he hit inside both the brown and black bins together so that he was all gone and then when she crawled out he was a butterfly and he flew all around the room, and we chased him and caught him.

It was time for Chloe to go home, but I was having so much fun I didn’t even want to say good bye to her. She didn’t want to leave either, but her Mommy said that they had stuff they had to go home and do. I told Mommy, “No Home” and she said I could still stay and play some more. Mommy told us we should clean up all of the animals, so we ran and got them all and put them all in the baskets. Theo liked to throw them into the basket, I could dunk them too, but only when I was standing right next to them. But then Theo said he had a new idea and dumped them all out again.

So then we made up and new fun game, it was the best one of all. Theo would throw the animals across the entire room and then I would run and get it and say what it was and then run back and throw it back to him and then he would throw another one really fast so I had to run run run and get it as fast as I could and say what it was called and then run back and give it to him. It was crazy. I was just learning the game, so sometimes I got so carried away I would run all the way back to Theo and Mommy would have to remind me to throw it. Just like the other animals I didn’t know what they were all called. So we all worked together. They had Horses and dogs and a owl, and baby Ick, that one was my favorite. Mommy said that baby Ick is called a raccoon. There were more Dinosaurs and a turtle and something she called a hedge hog and some pigs and an ant eater. There was small ones and really big ones.

Theo said that Mommy should play too, I think he saw how much fun it was to do the running part and he wanted to run too. So Mommy sat where he was and she threw the animals. She was much faster then Theo, but I think that was because we were both running to catch the animals. She would call out what they were as she threw them, and she would go fast, “Giraffe, Lion, Dog, Bunny” and then I would get one and bring it back and she would already have thrown 3 more. But Theo is a faster runner and a better thrower then me, so she had to be fast so that there were enough animals for both of us to play. I like when Mommy plays with us, it was fun to take breaks and go and run fast to Mommy and crash and then go and run after the next animal.

Mommy said she was tired and wanted to go and talk with Theo’s mom and that I had ten more minutes. We decided to make up one last game. It was Theo’s idea. He said we should throw every animal to the other side of the room. So I ran back and forth and got all of them and brought them over. Then he brought all of the bins and the blocks and the mats and everything, so the entire first side was empty. We could roll on the floor and run in circles and then run really fast all across the room and jump on the pile on the other side. Theo ran and got mommy to show her what we did. The look on her face made me laugh, she was definitely surprised. And she laughed when I jumped on the pile and we both said CRASH at the same time. I love my mommy; she lets me play the most fun games of all. But then she said that ten minutes was over and it was time to go. I told her “no” and then asked if we could go to “Coco’s House?” she said no. But she did say we were going to go and see Daddy. “Daddy! Daddy, Daddy Home” I told her, and so we put on my shoes. I told her “Mommy Up” and she picked me up and we said goodbye to everyone and went to get daddy.

It was a fun day, I was so tired. She gave me my phone so I could play the Monster feeding game, I don’t remember what else happened, I know we got Daddy and then we went home and pretty soon Mommy was tucking me in and I was fast asleep.

No comments: