Thursday, March 29, 2012

Fabric Store

Here we are at the fabric store on a fun play date with Sara. The purpose of the visit was to find a nice material to make fairy wings over some wire hangers. The girls were having a wonderful time playing and looking at all the material each one they wanted to try on and wrap around them like dresses. We let them do it for a few but we were scolded several times by the staff at the store. Eventually we found the remnant table and I let holly pick out several 2-5$ sets to buy and take home for more fun dress-up games. The girls also enjoyed looking at the pattern books and mommy was inspired to make a dress I haven't yet of course but I designed what it would look like and how I would make it. Maybe one day I will actually pull out the sewing machine. I was a little surprised at how pricey the fabric was. The one that had the elastic top that would easily become a summer dress in only one hem would cost me about 20$ for the amount I'd need to make the dress. Which for that price I could just easily buy one nicer for less.


















1 comment:

Granny said...

Sewing is fun, but sure doesn't save you any money! I see the dress potential in the photos! It's fun!