Sunday, August 3, 2008

Too Big for my Britches


Too Big for my Britches
Originally uploaded by vczdavis
Day 17 Sunday 8/3

Today was the last day of Granny's visit. Today was the same as the last few days, holly blowing bubbles with her tongue, and playing with her feet. We had tummy time, ocean time, naked baby time, story time, and singing time. Tonight mommy and daddy were very tired and wanted to watch a movie. Holly was very laid back, and laid on the couch between us quietly playing and staring off into space.

She was very intrigued with her feet and played with them for over ten minutes, very amused. She isn't really getting them to her mouth on her own, but she is certainly interested in them. She was also very ticklish tonight, we played the upside down baby game, and I would kiss her chest and she would laugh and giggle each time I gave her kisses. When she was upside down her feet got kisses and this made her laugh, then she would stand up on my chest with her arms stretched out and I would blow on her belly and she would laugh,. She likes this game a lot.

She did have a poopie early in the morning, around 10 am but it was normal consistency, not too watery, so I will use the same mix of sugar and apple juice tonight as yesterday. It had been mentioned a few times that she might be hungry and want more then her regular 4 oz bottle, I personally have not noticed this, but thought I would give it a try. Often I have more then 120 CC of breast milk, but less the 200 (which splits nicely for two 100cc bottles) so this morning I made a bottle with 170 cc and this afternoon one with 140. In both cases she did not finish them. This morning she drank the typical 120, and left the remaining 50 for her mid morning snack. Then this evening she only drank 70 and then had another 30, then 40 each 1 hour apart snacking through the evening. I will continue doing this with the breast milk since it does not go bad, and it gives her the opportunity to drink more if she wants, but she is gaining weight consistently, and she hasn't drank more, so I think she is fine. She last ate at 9:30 and I gave her 4 ml of Apple Juice with 4 pinches of Sugar and 25 dose of Minocycline at 1:00am. She didn't fuss much, and she fell back to sleep right away for another 3 hours.

No comments: