Monday, August 25, 2008

I am a Sleepyhead


I am a Sleepyhead
Originally uploaded by
vczdavis
Monday 8/25

It has been a rough day. I had to get up this morning at 7:45 to go to employee Health to get clearance to return to work, Holly was also up, after having a rough night last night, and she was coughing and throwing up the food Joel fed her at 6 am. She was crying and feverish. I recorded only 98.5 on the ear thermometer, but I don't think I got a good reading. I went to the Doctor and Joel called and said she calmed down. We took her to the pediatrician at 10:30 and she actually had a fever of 99.7. This however is not considered a "real" fever and the doctor did not seem concerned. She said she probably picked up a virus at gymboree, swimming, or daycare and she will be sick 3-10 days. Yikes. She also told us at 6 months we could start her on rice cereal and pears. Joel is excited to get this started. She said if her fever rose we could give her Motrin.

We went home and right to bed, she was sick and pitiful, and whimpering, and fell asleep. At 2:00 I gave her some Motrin in a bottle because she had a fever of 100.7 which dropped to about 99.1 at 5:00. Then at around 9:00 it was back up all the way to 101.7 and I gave her a second dose. Most of the day we slept, but a few times she was awake and somewhat playful in a low key way. We cancelled out appointment with Katie, and got as much rest as possible. I cooled her down with a damp cloth around 10:00 waiting for the Motrin to kick in and she slept for a few hours, but I think it will be a very long week.

No comments: