Sunday, April 19, 2009

Super Franks

So this will be a short update with a few pictures of Super Franks. It is the indoor play area we went to last week in Pleasanton. Its actually like a 30-45 minute drive away, so not too close by, but a lot of the people in one of my playgroups live further south and further inland then I do. Technically its all the East bay and all Alameda county, we actually have an eye doctor appointment out that way next week. BUT that said, I don;t think I will be back there on a regular basis. It was not very expensive about 7$ for the upstairs and downstairs "Tot Town" Rooms, but the day is broken into sessions from 10:00-1:00 and 4:30-7:30. So for only 3 hours, and such a long drive.

These top two pictures are in the upstairs room. it was pretty cool to have all the little play houses with various themes, one is a school house and another a home and another a fire station. inside there is a little kitchen or a table and other items to play with. There is also a stage in the second picture and there is a real light board where the kids and play with the various levers which change the color of the lighting with red and green and blue gels, and then out front is the TV where the parents can see there superstars inside.

My main issue with this place although very comfortable, is that even though there are a few cubbies the notion of putting strollers and shoes and bags in a separate area is not really adhered too. So the play area is scattered with diaper bags and other items that look like toys to little ones, and well Holly was much more interested in digging through someones purse or chewing on there show and pushing the stroller then she was in actually playing with the toys and structures. I think a lot of that has to do with her age and that many of the structures were for older kids like that cool twisty slide.

I did let her climb into the bouncy house which she had fun in. At the moment there was just one other little boy so it was pretty safe, but then I had to coax her back to the door and pull her out before the other kids climbed in so she wouldn't get trampled. Another thing about this place was that it wasn't really baby proof. This bouncy house was just plugged into the wall, the outlets were protected the wire wasn't hidden or taped down, and it was pretty easy to get behind it for a little explorer. So unlike some places I really had to follow her around like a hawk preventing me from really relaxing and chatting with the other moms.

Downstairs there were a few more things for her to play with and the space was a little more open. She loved throwing the puzzle pieces to the floor and of course was eager to show this little boy how to close the panda.

There was also this large slide downstairs which was too big for Holly to play with. There was also a few large mats and blocks for the kids to climb on and since this was a few weeks ago she was still cruising so it was nice for her to have stuff to hold onto and cruise. There were also cars and other push toys in the large open area to play with.

This is the little kitchen that I want to get for Holly. She played with it first over at Teagan's house and mainly spent her time opening every door and dumping out all of the food. You can see here she is still into opening all of the doors, there just wasn't any food for her to dump out. New this kitchen set cost a few hundred dollars and I have seen it a few times on craigslist for about 50$ or at least that is the price I would pay for it. But it seems that the top and the bottom do not separate from each other and there is no way it will fit into my car trunk, so I am not sure how I would get it home if i did buy it. Also I have to figure out where I would put it. The plan would be to convert downstairs into a playroom, but first I think I will need to sell the pool table. Regardless, Holly had fun playing, and that was our day at Super Franks.


No comments: