Sunday, October 5, 2008

Tuk Tuk Thai


Tuk Tuk Thai
Originally uploaded by
vczdavis
I didn't quite make it to bed last night by 1:00 it was closer to 2:00, and tonight its oh my, already 3:00. In the morning, there is a neighborhood safety meeting at like 9:30 AM. Joel doesn't want to go, as he is anti-social, I was planning on going with Holly to meet the neighbors, but now I may not, as it is really early and I am way tired.

We had a really fun Saturday today. I slept in, but only until about 11:00, as Joel wanted to take a shower, and then he was Hungry, so he made us yummy eggs and cheese and tofu bacon for breakfast. In the morning, Joel and Holly Played, and they had a music lesson, on the keyboard, where Joel would play a not for holly then tell her what note he was playing. Holly had Yummy rice cereal for lunch. She was a very sleepy baby, and simply did not want to take a nap, she has been doing this fighting sleep thing recently, where she gets so cranky because she is tired, but doesn't want to lay down and rest and I have to figure out just how to comfort her to get her to sleep. This afternoon it was the swing, but not the first time, the first time she wasn't having it, so i let her play in ocean time for another 30 minutes are so, and then she went back into the swing and fell fast asleep.

After Holly's nap we went shopping, and first we went to the Thai Supermarket, Joel made Red Squash Curry, using mostly all the ingredients from the veggie box. He only spent like 10$ at the Thai store, and made enough food for the week, plus has tons of ingredients for other yummy Thai Dishes. This particular Curry had Squash, eggplant, onion, and red pepper among other things, from the veggie box, and the sauce had the curry paste, tomato and coconut milk. It smelled very good. It also took Joel all night to make, but he was having such a blast. He got all teary cutting up the onions, then when her sauteed then with garlic, my eyes got all teary.

Holly had fun at the Thai Supermarket, she played with some cool tinsel and was amazed by how sparkly it was, and it felt prickly on her hand. Next we went to best buy to get a blue tooth keyboard and mouse for my new laptop. We discovered that the laptop will hook up to the HDMI Cable on the TV so I can play spore, or do other computer stuff on the big TV, and with the cordless keyboard, I can do it all from the couch. I am super excited. I may also be able to watch Downloaded movies from there as well, until we have a media server set up.

At this point Holly was sleepy, she was walking around best Buy in the Bjorn, and had fun, and we thought she would fall asleep in the car, in fact she did, but then when we took the car seat out, she woke. Our next stop was my office, I had to pack everything up and bring it home. This took maybe 2 hours. I changed and fed Holly while Joel started going through my supply closet and files. I ended up packing two boxes, one of files and the other of Misc. Stuff to take home. Also a few bags of books and various conference materials, All of my art work, knick Knacks, personal belongings, ect. It was sorta sad at the end, as the office is barren, and now the boxes are sitting in the car, soon to be the garage. Joel says we should turn the guest room into an office and set my stuff up down there, but I'm not sure what I want to do yet.

Holly was cranky most of this time, because she was very tired and did not want to sleep, nothing would make her settle down, finally I put her back in the car seat, covered it with her blanket, and rocked the car seat, like the swing, i had to do this rather vigorously before she would settle, but it worked like a charm, and she slept maybe the last 30 minutes at my office, and then another 20 on the way home.

I think she is having a growth spurt, she ate 5 1/2 ounces in one sitting today, and then was hungry twice withing less then 90 minutes since her last meal. This evening, she was such cutie, playing, swinging, in ocean Time, in her bouncer, and hanging out, but again, we got home at around 7:30, and she was up at 10:00 tired but not wanting to sleep, finally a last bottle and daddy's cuddles got her to settle, but she woke up again at 1:30 for another bottle. She had been sleeping through that feeding, but maybe with the growth spurt she was just hungry.

Another thing she is doing today is really tugging and pulling on my ear, and well my whole head and face, she is trying to grab it, and I think she is trying to give me kisses, in fact, a gross story, she was holding my two cheeks, and trying to grab at my face and I went to kiss her and she spit up in my mouth.. I know gross right.. I almost puked, Joel came and rescued me with a cloth and a diet coke, but yuk!! Seriously Holly, you gotta get that kissing thing down, not the puking on mommy thing... But I love her just the same.

No comments: