Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm Busy!


I'm Busy!
Originally uploaded by vczdavis
Day 14 Thursday 7/31

Today has been a good day so far. Holly woke up and played with her granny, the usual, oceantime, aquaduck, blocks on her daddy's chair, and they walked around the kitchen. She took a long nap in the morning and then we went to my mother's group. She was very active, climbing all over me, and playing with her toys, rattle and star, and very curious looking everywhere. She was a bit cranky when we came home, but I was able to relax her some with a massage, and then she gulped down a bottle. Then she got very fussy, and i think she is teething again. Nothing would sooth her, I would put a cold teether in her mouth and it would work a few seconds then she would do her whiney noise. Finally i forced her into a nap, by swaddling her and putting her into her swing. She fought it for about 30 seconds and realized she was tired and fell fast asleep.

This evening she has been playing, she is very curious and active. She is reaching more for toys, she will grab them, and then bring them to her mouth. She is also tasting objects, she will lightly lick it, then chomp down on it when it seems safe to chew. She is also putting things to her mouth, then taking them out, looking at them, and putting them back in.

She has been very sensitive to wet diapers the last few days, she has always told us when she is wet, but recently she has been very cranky the second she is wet. I wonder if it is at all related to sensory integration issues, as other babies seem to be able to take a wet diaper longer. Sometimes i will change her 4 times in two hours, for small little tinkles, but once she is changed she is happy again.

She also has begun peeing on Joel whenever he changes her, but she does not do this to me. I can take of her diaper, clean her off, do some massage, weight her, and give her naked baby time, and she never pees. With Joel, as soon as the diaper is off, she pees again, getting the table and her cloths sometimes dirty.

So Holly had a snack at 8:15 so we decided to give her her medicine at 9:30. It was 5ml Apple Juice 25 dose 2 pinches of sugar. I puckered her lips by squeezing her cheeks, and Joel kinda squirted it into the side of her cheek. She drank it down this way much faster then usual, with her continuous upsettedness, but I think she spit up much more then usual, so I think tomorrow I will try it when she is sleeping again.

She is super teething again this evening. She is lunging forward and chomping down on things like knuckles and fingers and gnawing at them. A family friend was over, who has 4 kids and played with her, said she is blowing raspberries, I think that's when she makes little bubbles with her drool. She is indeed doing that, but I had not thought it was intentional.

Also Holly is verbalizing a lot more, everyone says she is really talkative for her age and I am starting to hear more sounds she definitely made an ah goo sound and sometimes makes a ma sound. she still does the pterodactyl screech, but there are more tones and intonations in it, and she has a little sense of humor. Not only is she laughing when I sometimes rub her feet and chest, but she laughs now when I make funny faces, not all the time, but when they strike her as particularly out of the ordinary behavior.

I put her in her bouncer again today, during dinner. This time she only stayed about 10 minutes she wanted to be at the table with us, and eventually she was actually really tired and ready for her swing. But she is bouncing more. I have to do something with the books, as she is moving them, or they are sliding off each other since there are three stacked, as she bounces. But she did entertain herself for a bit. She is sleeping in her swing now. She is such a good sleeper.

This is a link to her picture of the day page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vczdavis

I don't actually get one every day but almost, and some days I make up for it :-)

No comments: